Sunday, March 27, 2011

March surprises!

Just when I thought I was on my way to getting out of debt.....God shows up to show me it is not time. Last week, my dog got into some plastic bags and got very sick. She wasn't eating and she was just depressed/lethargic. I thought maybe it's just nausea, well it wasn't. I took her to the vet Friday morning and they told me the barium wouldn't penetrate to show what happened. So they have to do surgery to open up her little tummy and remove all the junk out. They found a screw, paper, plastic bags and who knows what else. I let them do the surgery and they said she did very well. I was told the surgery and everything will cost over $1000 but I had to save my dog. She has been with me since 2002 and I saved her then. So, I took the hit and decided this will be the major debt of the year and will do whatever I can to have this paid off. If it wasn't for God working through me about being frugal and debt free, I would just let them charge it all at the same time. This time I am going to let them charge me in payments instead of charging all of it and it will keep me on my toes because the limit is only $500! I realize this is what true unconditional love is, to make a debt sacrifice for an animal to let them survive. Then I realized the debt God paid through sending His son to the cross to die for me and to pay all of my debts as sin. So this debt I am taking on is NOTHING compared to what He did for me! Sicilia will live, I will live and God will ALWAYS live through me. Thank you Lord for teaching me a lesson in the midst of all of this. Someone else pointed out to me you could also look at it as your stomach is full of junk and God came along to clean out all the junk and let you live! WOW! Now I am at peace with all of this because God is in control of MY life and I am not of this world! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment